Physiotherapy and Remedial Sports Massage is not just for the elite sport horse – we aim to help horses across all disciplines and at all levels.
Common equine conditions routinely worked on
- Stiffness of the spine : cervical and thoracic ( neck and back)
- Muscle weakness and imbalance
- Rehabilitation following nerve injury and muscle atrophy (wasting)
- Saddle/rider related compensatory problems
- Pre event muscle priming , post event muscle pain aleviation
- Muscle activating taping techniques
- Older horse care: muscle and gentle joint mobility techniques.
- Soft tissue trauma
- General well- being for temperament issues
- Neuromuscular soft tissue and electrotherapy techniques
- Myofascial release, positional release
- Deep tissue remedial sports massage
- Muscle activation Kinsesio™ taping techniques
- Cold laser therapy
- Dynamic stability exercises, prescriptive exercises
By veterinary referral offered by Dietrich von Schweinitz BSc DVM MRCVS equine veterinarian and past president of the Association of British Veterinary Acupuncturists. His acupuncture research has been widely published in peer reviewed scientific journals internationally and his expertise is sought by all horse owners from Olympic standard to happy hackers.
Contact Dietrich on 07836 549854.
The Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966
This act precludes any complementary animal practioner from being the primary contact practioner when providing “treatment” for animals. The UK act states that only “veterinary surgeons registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons have the right to practice veterinary surgery”. Definition of the act can be found on the RVC website.
Physiotherapy and massage therapy does not substitute care from your veterinary surgeon – its aim is to complement it. Permission will be required prior treatment of your horse. Please download a permission form here.